COMMERCIAL LITIGATION & PRODUCT LIABILITY ATTORNEY
David Hobbs joined Fleming | Nolen | Jez, L.L.P.in 2011 at the firm’s principal offices in Houston, Texas. He is an attorney with 9+ years of litigation experience and trial and arbitration experience. David’s main areas of practice include Products Liability, Commercial Litigation, Arbitration, Medical Malpractice, Securities Litigation, and Class Actions.
Selected to Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars: 2018 – 2019, 2021 – 2023
Past & Current Work
David Hobbs’ experience and focused insight has been invaluable to the team at Fleming | Nolen | Jez, L.L.P. in our goal to serve clients throughout the United States in a variety of cases. He Manages large dockets (1,000+ cases) involving product liability, medical malpractice, and federal takings. He also manages multi-firm document review projects involving millions of documents in products liability actions and action against US Government related to flooding during Hurricane Harvey.
Complex Commercial Litigation Experience:
- Representing trustee and investors against broker dealers, banks, and landmen relating to a $400+ million oil and gas ponzi scheme;
- Representing oil & gas royalty owners in actions for underpayment and nonpayment;
- Helped pursue many of the responsible parties in state and federal court, and in arbitration hearings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), an independent regulatory authority in the financial industry.
- Representing doctors and hospitals for underpayment/nonpayment by insurers.
Mass Tort Experience:
- Plaintiff Steering Committee, ESI and Law and Briefing subcommittees for Valsartan litigation (MDL 2875);
- Discovery sub-committee for Bard hernia mesh litigation (MDL 2846);
- Other litigations include matters involving Androgel, transvaginal mesh, Essure, Lexapro/Celexa; and artificial hips;
- Mass medical malpractice actions related to unnecessary medical procedures by a physician in Utah.
- Representing property owners in Constitutional Takings claims against the United States for flooding that occurred around the Addicks and Barker Reservoirs in Houston, Texas;
- Representing Relator in False Claims Act action against provider/hospitals related to unnecessary medical procedures;
David Hobbs was born and raised in Austin, Texas. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas. His fascination with language led him to study Latin, Portuguese, and Russian. In 2010, David matriculated from the University of Texas School of Law with honors. During law school, he took part in the Mental Health Clinic, where he represented people confined in mental health facilities at civil commitment hearings. David married his wife, Bettye, in 2012. Though she professes to support the Texas Tech Red Raiders, he is slowly converting her to a Longhorn.