Wrongful Death Lawyers
Serving Families in Houston, Texas and Nationwide
The attorneys at Fleming, Nolen & Jez understand the loss a loved one is an incredibly painful and devastating experience. When that loss was the result of someone or a company’s negligence or wrongful actions, it adds an additional layer of anger, frustration, and confusion. During this challenging time, it is crucial to have a compassionate and experienced personal injury attorney by your side to help you seek justice and hold those responsible accountable.
Our dedicated team of wrongful death lawyers is committed to providing unwavering support and guidance to families who have suffered the unimaginable loss of a loved one due to the negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct of others. With a deep understanding of the emotional, financial, and legal complexities involved in wrongful death cases, we are here to help you navigate the legal process and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Representation Against Insurance Companies & Third Parties
Insurance companies may try to take advantage of a grieving family by making a fast settlement while the bereaved are still in shock. Chances are a settlement made under these circumstances won’t come close to providing the justice a family or injured person deserves. Our personal injury team has the right combination of strength and compassion to work with you and your family when you need counsel the most.
What Sets Fleming, Nolen & Jez Apart?
A Personalized Approach:
- We recognize that no two wrongful death cases are alike, and every family has unique circumstances and needs. Our lawyers take the time to listen, empathize, and understand your specific situation, tailoring our approach to your individual needs. We are committed to providing compassionate guidance throughout the entire legal process, ensuring you feel supported every step of the way.
Extensive Experience and Expertise:
- Our legal team consists of highly skilled and experienced wrongful death attorneys who have successfully handled numerous complex cases not only in Texas, but nationwide. We possess a comprehensive understanding of the laws governing wrongful death claims, enabling us to build a strong case on your behalf. With our in-depth knowledge and strategic approach, we strive to maximize your chances of a favorable outcome.
- We are dedicated advocates for our clients and will fight tirelessly to protect your rights and interests. Our lawyers have a reputation for being formidable adversaries, both inside and outside the courtroom. We are not afraid to take on powerful entities or insurance companies and will pursue every available legal avenue to ensure you receive fair compensation for your loss.
- Over the years, we have developed an extensive network of professionals, including a laundry list of medical experts, who can provide valuable support to strengthen your case. We leverage these resources to thoroughly investigate your loved one’s death, gather evidence, and build a compelling argument to demonstrate liability.
Proven Track Record:
- Our law firm has a proven track record of achieving substantial settlements and verdicts in wrongful death cases. We have successfully recovered compensation for medical expenses, funeral costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. While we understand that financial compensation cannot replace your loss, it can help provide the financial stability and closure you deserve.
- As our client, you are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in open and transparent communication, keeping you informed about the progress of your case and providing honest and realistic assessments of your legal options. We strive to be accessible and responsive to your questions and concerns, ensuring you always feel confident in our representation.
What Is A Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death claim is a lawsuit that alleges a person was killed due to either the negligence or some other form of liability, on the part of the defendant and that the surviving beneficiaries are entitled to monetary damages.
In most cases, there are usually four parts of a wrongful death claim:
- The death caused, at least in part, by the actions of the defendant
- The defendant was not only liable but negligent, resulting in the victim’s death
- There is at least one surviving beneficiary, typically a spouse or children
- Monetary damages are appropriate
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
Depending on where you reside, different laws usually apply, but in most cases, members of the immediate family—i.e. children, parents, and spouses—are able to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit. In certain circumstances, members of the extended family such as grandparents or any legal dependents may have a claim as well. Victims and families must take action within a limited period of time or they will lose their right to seek recovery. So if you wish to know your legal rights, please do not delay.
Is There a Time Limit for Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Yes, although you may be surprised to find out that it depends where you happen to reside. The statute of limitation dictates how long you have to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Three years is a common limitation, but it can vary widely from state to state. Many people assume that this time limit starts from the time of death, and in most cases this is true, but it is not always the case.
Facts regarding the circumstances of a wrongful death case may not surface for months or even years after a person’s death. Under these circumstances, it might be possible to make a claim at this point, rather than the physical time of death. Whatever the circumstances may be, it is typically recommended to file a wrongful death lawsuit at the earliest possible opportunity.
Do You Have a Potential Case or Question?
At Fleming, Nolen & Jez, our personal injury and mass tort lawyers have dedicated their careers to fighting for the rights of injured victims in Houston, Texas throughout the United States. If you were seriously injured through the negligence or wrongdoing of a company or another person, you may be able to file a lawsuit to secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to speak with our staff to review your case information.